Simply one of the BEST upgrades for my EMT 930!
In the past the studio turntables EMT 927 also were delivered for the disc-recording manufactures optional as a measurement studio turntable. This special record player was named EMT 927 D and it was equipped with a glass-plate instead of a plexiglass-plate.
When it was necessary to obtain the best available accuracy for playing a record a plexiglass-plate was not sufficient, even if it was produced very precisely.
The plexiglass-plate was replaced by a glass-plate although the quickstart facility was eliminated.
Compared to the plexiglas-plate the glass-plate has the following advantages:
- an absolute flat Surface
- a coupling of the record with the main plate by the rubber surface of the bottom and the top side
- a reduction of the static loading
- an improvement of the technical data (rumble signals weighted und unweighted, wow and flutter) by enhancement of the mass
- an improvement of the feedback unsensitivity
- a precise stroboscope
- an improvement of the optical impression
- an optimum record rendering by avoiding uncontrolled vibrations of the record
- an improved performance
The glass-plate can be replaced easily and immediately. So you can win at once an improved performance.